Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Earth Day Celebration and a Fiesta

Hello!

I know Earth day was two days ago but let me tell you I have been so busy and exhausted that by the time that I get home I have no energy.  So I am playing a little catch up now.
My kiddos loved all of our Earth Day activities but let me tell you the one that they loved the most was our trash to treasure project.  They literally begged for more time.  They were so into making their creations that it was pretty quiet in my room, which means I loved this activity as well.  Hahaha!  This was my first year doing this and I really didn't know what to expect but it came out great.  My OCD was really getting to me when they started creating and there was bottles and papers everywhere!  I had to calm down and let them just explore and create.  After they cleaned it all up and my classroom was back to normal.  Here are some pics of some of their creations.
The kiddo on the left made a car using toilet paper rolls for wheels and an eggos box.  He even made an action figure to go inside.  The kiddo on the right made a parachute man.  He decorated the bottle but its a little hard to see.

My sweetie on the left made a picture frame and even added yarn so you can hang it on the wall.  The kiddo on the right made a robot.  If you look closedly he added eyes and a mouth.  If you look in the back you can see a kiddo that made a mask.  He was too funny!  He said he was Cereal Man the superhero.


These are half of my crazy kiddos!  They love taking pictures.  

Well now that Earth Day is over we are now getting ready for Cinco De Mayo!  This year we will be celebrating it on May 3rd since May 5th lands on Sunday.  We usually do a big fiesta on Cinco de Mayo.  We listen to music, eat chips and salsa, play bingo, learn a little spanish, learn about the history of Cinco de Mayo, and even learn The Mexican Hat Dance.  It is so much fun!  We use this unit which is filled with a lot of fun activities.  So just click on the pic to head on over to TPT.





We are also going to be starting our new Math Journals for the month of May. If you haven't used these they are a great way to start your math block or for independent work.  There are is one version that can be displayed on the smartboard or there are strips that students can cut out to put in their journals.  Journals are included in the unit.  Just click on the pic to check them out.





Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover