Monday, July 15, 2013

Back to School Goodies

Hello Everyone!
I wanted to share with you some of the goodies I have found but before I get to the good stuff I wanted to share a new clipart set.


It includes 24 png beautifully colored images.  It includes the apple cycle, apple pie, Johhny appleseed, and more!  Definitely go check it out!


Since you are all so amazing I decided to offer a little freebie to go along with the apple theme.  Just click on the pic to head on over to get this freebie.  Please leave me some feedback!

Ok so now I have to tell you that the dollar section at Target is slowly making me broke.  Its sad when we walk in and my family drops me off in that area so that I can shop.  My son already knows mommy needs some time in her favorite area. Ha!


I love those dry erase pockets.  I can't wait to use them during reading groups.  I keep stalking the dollar section for more because they keep selling out. UGH!!!! 
I also got some super cute nametags for the first day because I don't know about you but I end up calling the kiddos sweety a lot because I can't remember their name for the life of me.  
I also stalked up on some tin cans because this year I am going to have communal supplies at each table.  Last year each student had a pencil case and they were suppose to keep their scissors, crayons, and pencils in there.  Well most of the year the kids couldn't find their pencils or scissors or they argued because so and so took their pencil and it was just a pain.  So this year they will just keep them in the the bucket at the table and done. 


I also got this really pretty fabric.  The chevron fabric I bought at Hobby Lobby and the other at Joanns. I can't wait to see them up in my room.  I will be going in on Friday so stay tuned!  

Right now my library is pretty organized but I have all kind of different baskets and it was driving me BANANAS!  So I found these baskets at dollar tree and I can't wait to put them in my library.  


I also bought folders! This is just one pile.  
Do you guys buy your own folders or do you have the students bring them in???
I had students bring them in one year and they were all different and I just couldn't handle it.  So I decided to just buy my own.  Why does Target need to put these labels on every folder!!!!!
So I sat and took these labels off while enjoying New Girl on my DVR.  I love that show!  I can't wait to show you the finish product of what I am going to do with these folders.  

Well I am off now to finish revamping up this unit.

If you already purchased it I will be adding a lot more activities and many more countries to learn about.  If you haven't go and check it out by clicking on the pic.  


XOXO

Cindy

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what you do with your fabric... Your clip art is adorable, too. My hubby is ready to take my Target red card away. I just can't go into that store and not cause damage, LOL! I am OCD about my kids' homework folders. They have to be the plastic ones in either yellow or orange so that I can see them go into their back pack everyday. If and when they break, I let them use whatever they choose. But, until I have them trained, they use mine, LOL!
    Meghan
    First Grade Hugs and High Fives

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Meghan you are always so sweet! I am so bad with my Target Red Card because I find I justify everything since I get 5% off. I mean why shouldn't I buy everything from the dollar section since I have a whole 5% off. LOL!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover